Content Writing Jobs are a great source of work for mompreneurs. If you know the skill of Search Engine Optimisation aka SEO, then you can make a wonderful income working from home.
Managing family while working is an extremely difficult task, isn’t it? 64% of urban Indian women are busy with housework. But thanks to the internet, it makes opportunities available to everyone.
While managing family and working at the same time is a dream for many people, but not everyone can manage the stress and resources that it demands and that’s exactly why we are writing this post.
This article will help you understand how content writing jobs can become a great source of work for those who can write well. And if you can learn and do some SEO, then it is a great source of work for stay-at-home moms and how house-makers can leverage the content and SEO work to fulfill their dream of making money online.
What are Content Writing and SEO?
Content writing is the process of planning, writing, and editing web content. It can include blog posts, e-books, scripts for videos, tweets, email newsletters, or even social media posts.
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It is a practice by which someone can improve the quality and quantity of traffic coming to a website.
Have you ever seen the websites on the first page of google after the sponsored links? Those websites are ranking for their particular keyword. That’s called the “organic search results”.
Good SEO practices can bring amazing organic traffic to a website.
Digital marketing is rising like never before, and this gives rise to many content creators, and this is creating many opportunities for writers and for people who wish to get into digital marketing.
People on screen time are constantly rising, and most of the time people are using various social media platforms. What do you think they do so much online?
They consume content. Therefore, the demand for quality copywriters and content writers is constantly increasing.
People believe learning these skills is extremely hard, but is learning SEO hard? Yes, nothing comes easy, but it’s probably not as difficult as you believe it to be. You just need some initial training to get started.
Whom are content writing jobs meant for?
Many believe that writing is an inborn talent and they don’t have the talent to write. But this is not true. Anyone who can write with good grammar and correct spellings can do learn content writing.
Skills required for being a content writer:
- Research: One needs a strong level of research before writing content and therefore a content writer should have strong research skills to write heavily researched content that is informational to read.
- Curiosity: More curious people end up researching more about topics, and this habit can work wonders for content writers. The more research the content writer does, the better the output gets.
- Writing: After completing the research, a content writer should know how to frame and craft a compelling tale that can keep the readers hooked
- Editing: Every art needs finishing touches, and thus your writing needs that too. A content writer should have good editing skills to edit all the spelling and grammatical errors and can format the content well so it remains readable.
Yes, That’s all that you need to get started as a content writer!
Why is this a great source of work for stay at home moms?
After reading the skills you may have wondered that you too have those skills, but you have never tried them? So giving you some more motivation, let’s see some unique benefits of the content marketing and SEO world:
- Remote work: Yes, you can start working from the comfort of your home. No need to go to an office anymore, and you can already assume how much money you can save by not picking up cabs every day.
- No heavy investment: You just need a laptop, an internet connection, and some skills to get started. No need for an insane level of investments that means you can’t give excuses for fewer resources.
- Go International: Remote work gives a pleasant opportunity to work around the globe. People even on the other side of the world can consume your content. You can even write content for other websites as a Freelancer. Demographics aren’t a barrier anymore!
- Your schedule: No one is bothering to check you 24/7 you can decide your schedule and work accordingly. So it doesn’t matter if you are an early bird or a night owl, work anytime you feel productive. The only condition is you should finish the work on time, that’s exactly why you are getting so much liberty!
- No office politics: You can’t choose your family and the same goes for co-workers also, but working remotely gives you a fair advantage as you are not constantly hanging out with people, thus it leads to less gossip. And that’s a huge bonus for everyone, isn’t it?
But where to get started?
Few people get scared thinking of SEO as an extremely technical skill, and some even believe it requires coding! No, SEO doesn’t require coding at all and there are numerous resources on the internet where one can start learning SEO and content writing.
Courses to start with:
There are many courses in the market, but just taking a few and learning the basics can be a good start. Here are a few of them which you can consider:
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing: This is one of the best courses in the market for absolute beginners. The 26 modules in this course help you master the basics of digital marketing in just 40 hours of video content and that too for free. It also gives you a certification to showcase your hard-earned skills.
- Content Marketing Certification: This course contains 56 videos and can give you an overview of how to become an effective content marketer. It has 6 hours of content and gives certification to showcase your skills.
- Learn Inbound Marketing: This course can help you learn inbound marketing techniques that range from content creation to social promotion to converting and nurturing leads. By the end of this certification course, you’ll be well on your way to building your inbound marketing strategy.
- A course on Blogging: This course will help you learn everything you need to know about creating a successful business blogging strategy and manage a growing blog. This can give you the needed information about SEO and how onsite and offsite SEO works.
Discovering top Content Marketing posts:
One can use tools like BuzzSumo to find the latest Content Marketing posts.
Blogs to learn Content Marketing:
Blogs are also an amazing way to learn Content Marketing or writing as it not only gives the information but also helps in learning how to structure the content better.
The more you read, the better your writing gets as you learn more examples of content structures and helps you in learning how to keep the readers hooked. Here are some blogs that one should consider:
Let’s start the execution:
The Internet has so much to offer that people usually get confused and couldn’t understand what exactly they should do. So, when you will complete the courses and the blogs mentioned above, you will have a better understanding of how the world of content writing and SEO works.
But to understand what you have learned so far, consider doing the following steps:
- Start your blog: This is one of the best ways to learn and implement content writing and SEO lessons. One can practice content writing at the start by writing content on their website and can learn SEO by implementing various techniques on the blog and website to help it rank better. Starting a blog for beginners can be a huge task at the start, but the learning it offers is unquestionable.
- Distribute your Content through Social Media: Just writing content won’t help much. You should effectively distribute your content on social media. So that you can reuse the same piece of content. Twitter and LinkedIn are some of the best platforms to share your content from the start, as it can help you generate the initial traffic.
- Track the results: One should learn tools like Google Analytics to track the results of their website so they can see how their website is performing. If you are a data geek like me, you will love to see the data of your website and optimize it to see it grow.
Time for some action
We learned what is Content Writing and SEO, why it is the best source of work for homestay moms, we saw the best resources to start learning Content Writing and SEO, and even saw some actionable steps.
2021 will see some more new people coming to social media, and would you like to leave such an amazing opportunity? Will you like to see yourself left behind? I hope the answers are NO in both cases.
Don’t you think that you have the whole actionable path in front of you? All you need is to start; Here are some of the tools every Content writer needs.
Now, get up and explore because: It’s showtime! Watch this space for more updates.
3 thoughts on “Content Writing Jobs & Search Engine Optimization: A Great Source of Work for Stay at Home Moms (Mompreneurs)”
This is a really good piece of work! Thanks for publishing such a detailed article for mompreners like me and listing out free courses. I’ve enrolled for the fundamentals of digital marketing course and will be sure to keep an eye on your blog for more insights.
HI,I am a freelancer and wish take up courses on content writing and I do not have any website. Is it possible?
Surely Saswati, you can start even without a website.
Will message u when the course is starting.
Thank you so much for taking time out and messaging me !